Injection Molding Process Technician
$18.00 – $35.00/Hour
1st and 2nd shift openings.
Process Technician is responsible for optimization of the production processes, changing molds and implementing sustainable corrective measures. Producing high quality injection molded parts per company standards and customer specifications in a safe manner.
- Team player, Works well with others and great communication.
- Detailed and organized.
- Responsible for operating machine startups and shutdowns, perform machine adjustments and maintain all equipment to meet Safety and Quality requirements. Ensuring SOP is followed before starting up.
- Perform process set-up of molding machines per SOP.
- Ensuring all safeties are applied to the machine and robot to protect the mold.
- Responsible for maintaining the optimal flow of produced products in production.
- Work closely with QC to resolve any non-conforming product challenges through good communication.
- Responsible for ensuring that all process parameters are within the process window daily. Before leaving the machine confirming all parts are to the quality standard and all team members are at the machine to approve parts before leaving the machine.
- Responsible for reporting changing to your supervisor.
- Clean and set up auxiliary equipment.
- Maintain housekeeping of machines and work area.
- Consult and work with team supervisor on all technical issues.
- Notify and document any quality and safety issues.
- Safety adherence.
- Enforce established policies, procedures.
- Preform automation, robot set up and troubleshooting.
- Follows priorities
- Will be required to learn material handling.
- Possess proper purging methods for material changes
- Possess processing skills to achieve quality parts, optimized cycle times and scrap minimization
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Experience working with a variety of molding machines.
- Experience working with a variety of robots for injection molding machines.
- Experience working with a variety of different mold concepts (cold and hot runner systems, multi plate molds, hyd. cores, slides, valve gates, etc.).
- Experience in processing different types of custom resins.
- Experienced knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Experience working with Decoupled Molding. Experience working in a fast-paced operational environment with constant interaction with operators, technicians and managers.
- Experience in problem solving and troubleshooting of processes and process equipment secondary operation.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Required to speak, read and write English language.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word,
Sr. Quality Specialist
Full-Time Position, Salary Negotiable
The Senior QC Specialist will provide support to the Quality Department by overseeing, coordinating and evaluating day-to-day progress towards QC department goals and deliverables. This position will conduct qualitative and quantitative quality related analysis to measure past performance, gain insight and drive process improvement. This person will also assist with compliance activities for all certifications.
- Coordinate activities with QC Technicians and Inspectors; provides QC support & monitoring as necessary.
- Maintain QC procedures, specifications, and testing methods for raw material, bulk product, and finished good.
- Perform QC release testing on incoming raw materials, in-process materials, compounding bulk, and finished goods.
- Investigate and compile data pertaining to documentation and resolution of Complaints
- Deviations, NCMR’s and CAPAs.
- Participate in QC projects in the role of contributor, coordinator or lead.
- Enforce current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) throughout manufacturing.
- Coordinate with service providers to ensure laboratory instruments are properly maintained.
- Approve product lots for packaging and finished products for shipment.
- Perform Production line inspections and Compounding Batch process inspections.
- Investigate and report quality issues to management and/or the manufacturing team.
- Coordinate QC-related vendor activities
- Perform other reasonable tasks and projects as directed by Management.
- Tests, logs, and keeps retains of finished goods samples, bulk samples and raw materials.
- Documents all pertinent information concerning rejected raw materials and finished products. Quarantine all related product.
- Maintains equipment in good working order. Keep records of maintenance and schedule regular calibration tests as required.
- Maintains logs and all related documentation according to the SOP’s and GDP’s.
- Understands and supports the IPM employee manual, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- 5+ years of related work experience in Quality or Manufacturing.
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management. Positive proactive approach to drive projects/tasks to completion.
- Intermediate computer skills (Word & Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of quality principles, regulatory guidelines, and industry standard
Operate independently (in a team environment) any injection molding machine, grinder or other small equipment used in the production of injection molded products. Must have a working knowledge of all parts being produced. Innovative Plastic Molders Inc. is an alcohol, controlled-substance and drug free facility. Any violation may result in immediate dismissal.
This information is not designed to be a complete inventory of the job’s duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Rather, it’s designed to give a general nature and level of work to be performed by employees assigned this job title.
This position requires standing for long periods of time, lifting to 50 pounds, and exposure to moderate noise and temperature levels.